Pressure cooker accessories are very important. As long as the accessories are working properly the cooker works fine too. One must be careful to keep a check on the accessories. If things have worn out it is important for them to be replaced immediately.
Gone are the days when pressure cooker used to be a large, noisy and difficult to handle. Their popularity dwindled highly because cooking in such a utensil was extremely difficult. The 2nd generation the pressure cooker gained much attention when it became less noisy, light and easier to handle. The pressure cooker accessories have also become easy to install and clean.
The one you’ve bought just a few months back is the 2nd generation model. These models do not hiss or pop like its predecessors. With time they have changed and evolved into a super-utensil. Pressure cookers can be deemed as the most efficient cooking vessel that are safe and save great amount of time. Other than fast cooking there are other benefits of cooking in a pressure cooker:
1) Cooking in a pressure cooker needs very less amount of oil. The pressure forces the food to be cooked in the natural oil that comes out from the food material. Thus the food cooked is highly nutritious.
2) The health buffs or people aiming to lose weight can easily pressure cook their food quickly and without much oil. Most of the pressure cooked meals contain very less amount of cholesterol and fat compared to the other methods of cooking.
3) Highly portable and is perfect for the camping trips. A stove-top model can be used to cook in any type of flames be it a make shift stove or a bonfire.
4) It is highly flexible. It suits any size of family easily. With the right kind of accessories one can cook any type of cuisine.
The important pressure cooker accessories are:
• Gasket: the seal. It locks the air inside the pressure cooker allowing the steam to build up pressure.
• Cooker handle and bracket: very important for moving the hot vessel. These are made of polycarbonate material which does not heat up along with the metal body.
• Cooking rack: essential for heating up several dishes at once. Saves much energy.
• Cooking pressure regulator: it vents the pressure that has built up. Thus, it makes the pressure cooker a safe vessel. It keeps releasing the pressure depending on the heat.
A pressure cooker is a very important utensil that we all own but hardly use. Go on the net immediately learn how many fabulous dishes you can cook. They are easily available, affordable and energy-saving. Along with the right pressure cooker accessories one can create wonderful dishes within minutes.