Most of the home maker, as well as the working woman, considers is important to Buy Pressure Cooker Online because you not only can prepare healthy and delicious food but along with that make sure that you also prepare the food as quick as possible. Another reason why most of the people choose this particular cookware is that it requires very less amount of oil to cook the food and thus absolutely perfect for people who are health conscious.
Thus, one of the most interesting dishes which you can prepare is fat- free dal tadka. You can prepare those creamy red and yellow lentils that are topped with crispy brown onions and dash of hot chilli pepper to turn the classic dish into fat – free versions. Yes, you can prepare this dal in your Multi Utility Pressure Cooker as well.
Dal Tadka is one of the famous Indian classical dishes which loved by everyone and get prepared in almost every household. But if you cook in normal cookware it requires excessive oil, ghee and other spices which are definitely not appropriate to eat on a regular basis. The word tadka meaning tempering the spices like dry chili, oil, mustards, cumin seeds and fry them in oil until those wonderful spices get released. You can pour that oil full of flavors on to the boiled lentils. But, in this procedure, you won’t get that fat free dal. So, to get that flavourful dal without so much of oil it is better that you must cook the entire dal along with those spices. The best way to do that is cooking the dal in the pressure cooker and then you can add those brown onions later.
- Half cup red lentils
- Half cup yellow moong dal
- Three cups of water
- One large size chopped tomato
- One large chopped onion
- One tablespoon minced ginger and garlic
- One tablespoon cumin seeds
- Half tablespoon turmeric powder
- Salt and red pepper flakes as per required.
- Put the lentils and all the ingredients along with water in your pressure cooker and close the lid. Cook the lentils at high pressure for about 10 minutes.
- After the lentils got tender make sure that you open the lid and check it carefully. If not then you must cook the lentils again for some more amount of time. Stir the dal properly until you get that creamy texture.
- While on one side you can take a non-stick tawa and put some oil on it to fry the onion. Fry it until it gets brown. Also, on the tawa add red chili flakes until the onion gets softened and crispy.
- Check the lentils and see whether the seasoning is correctly done or not. Add garam masala powder at the end. Serve hot with rice.