A Pressure Cooker is the most versatile cooking appliance. This cooking vessel can be also used for making baked delicacies like cakes. Check out the recipe
A Pressure Cooker is used for not only boiling food stuffs but also for baking, and steaming. Multiple dishes can be prepared by using only a single cooking pot. Cooking in a pressure cooker saves a lot of time and energy. Making a yummy cheesecake with a toffee pecan shortbread cookie crust is now easy and quick with this versatile cookware. The pecans and the cookies must be pulsed together in a food processor, and then the crumbs and melted butter are put inside a Ziploc bag and then tossed until the ingredients were blended perfectly.
This is an easier mixing technique than mixing the ingredients in a bowl. Heavy cream is one of the most vital ingredients of the recipe. It will take maximum twenty-five to thirty minutes to get the cake ready on the table. If your cheesecake gets stuck to the tin foil covering it then remove that part slightly at the time of removing the tin foil. The cake can be cooked covered or uncovered as per the preference.
Let’s check out the ingredients of the recipe.
For making the crust of the cheesecake, the ingredients that are needed are: –
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup crushed shortbread toffee cookies that is approximately 5-6 cookies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
For preparing the filling, ingredients needed are: –
- Approximately 30 ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Let take a look at the method of preparing this delicious cheesecake in a pressure cooker without any oven. The steps are here.
- Grease a seven inches springform pan with oil or butter or just coat it with a non-stick spray
- Combine the cookie crumbs in a bowl and add the chopped pecans and the melted butter to the mixture. Spread this prepared mixture evenly at the bottom of the mould or the oiled pan. Keep this in the freezer for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar and beat the mixtue until it is perfectly smooth in texture. Add into it the sour and the heavy cream and the flour. Mix it again till it is a smooth batter. Add the eggs one by one and mix it once more. Take out the pan with the crust from the freezer and pour this mixture on top of the prepared crust.
- Place a trivet at the bottom of the pressure cooker, add a cup of water to the cooker and then lower the springform pan on to the trivet. Lock the pressure cooker lid, set the temperature of the cooker to high, and wait for 25-30 minutes. Allow a couple of minutes of natural steam release and then open up the lid.
- Let the cake cool down before keeping it in the refrigerator once again for the final set up. Once it get cooled down, keep it in the refrigerator for overnight. One can top it with caramel ice-cream or grated chocolate as per the taste.
For preparing such delicious items, an efficient and a multipurpose pressure cooker is needed. It is best to buy such kind of pressure cookers from the reputed Pressure Cooker Manufacturers. Check out the features before buying.