The lidded whistle pot on the shelf of your kitchen can be the most essential part of your kitchen. Probably some childhood distant memory of food splattered at every corner in the kitchen is preventing you from using the pressure cooker again. But it is now the safest method of cooking.
It is true that pressure cooker is the best alternative when it comes to fast cooking. But this is not all what pressure cooker offers. Rather there are some other ways that can make your pressure cooker work like wonder. If you are thinking of discovering some magic path that can make your cooker work like magic you are absolutely at the right place. While you are buying online pressure cooker keep these tips in mind for a better result from your pressure cooker.
• For more intense flavor from pressure cooked food here is your solution. Put a very little oil in the cooker and put the vegetables in a small amount. Brown them and put them on the bowl. Your next task is to deglaze the cooker. Clean the part of remaining oil, wine, water and vegetable extracts. Now put the vegetables again for more intense flavor.
• Check the liquid before you put the cooker on the stove top. As you will be cooking in an enclosed pot where heat will be trapped to cook or boil faster, it is never a good idea to add as much water as you do with open pot cooking. More water than what is needed will extend the vaporization process and thus will cause over boiling of the food.
• Too much food in a pressure cooker is a strict no. It is always advisable that you fill the cooker with food not more than two third of it. You may activate the safety valve of the cooker. It happens especially if the cooker is over filled with food.
• Use stop and go method cooking. When you are cooking meat cooking it first then move it aside. Add peas or green vegetables cook that a bit and after that add the half cooked meat and then finish cooking together.
Use these tips for better result and enjoy pressure cooking.
How about some soft fluffy roasted potato with mayonnaise? Sounds mouthwatering? Baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes can be rightly cooked in a little by using our very own conventional pressure cooker. You can add your seasoning according to your taste to reach a delicious end result.
You need to cook whole raw potatoes till they get brown in colour and tender. Don’t forget to pierce the potatoes with fork or knife just before pressure cooking, it will keep the skin intact and it won’t divide.
You will need these ingredients :-
a) 4/5 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil b) 500 gram – 1kg Baby Potatoes or Fingerling Potatoes (according to servings) c) Dry Rosemary d) 3 Cloves of fresh Garlic e) Vegetable Stock one and half cup f) Mayonnaise g) Salt & Black Pepper According to Taste
Cooking Method :-
1) Place the pressure cooker in the gas oven and pre heat. 2) Put the vegetable oil in the cooker, let it heat and then add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary step by step. 3) Roll & fry the potatoes for few minutes until the outside of the raw potatoes get brown or golden. 4) Then, make a small stab or prick in the middle of each potato with a fork or knife and after that do not stir the potatoes, any longer. Pour the vegetable stock in the cooker. 5) Close the lid of the pressure cooker and lock it. Cook them in high heat and once the cooker has reached high pressure, lower the heat and let it boil for 5 minutes. 6) Let the cooker release pressure in usual way. After ten minutes, open the cooker lid, remove the outer skin of the garlic cloves; you can smash it if you want to. Your roasted potato is ready to serve! Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to taste and serve hot with finger licking mayonnaise!
There’s no one who can refuse the benefits of the pressure cooker. Pressure cooker is one thing which can help slow cooking done quicker. A pressure cooker is the beneficial product for your kitchen which can decrease the cooking time on the whole. Take advantage of the sunkwik pressure cooker and attempt some of these healthy recipes. They can save you significant amounts of time!
I am providing some of healthy recipes for a new set of pressure cooker fans. Let’s read about how to make tasty potato salad in a pressure cooker.
You will need these ingredients : –
a) 6 medium scrubbed potatoes b) 1/4 cup chopped onion c) Salt & pepper according to taste d) 3 eggs, full boiled & chopped e) 1/2 cup mayonnaise f) 1 cup water g) 1 teaspoon cider vinegar h) 1 teaspoon yellow mustard sauce i) 1 stalk chopped celery j) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
At first, peel off the potatoes skin and prick them with a toothpick. Keep the potatoes in the pressure cooker with right amount of water and a pinch of salt. Cook the potatoes on high pressure for 3-5 minutes. After opening the lid, if the potatoes are not cooked, cook them for another few minutes. Let the steam discharge naturally, after that dice potatoes when they are cool enough to hold.
Take a large bowl; make an alternate layer of boiled potatoes, onions, and celery. The most important part is seasoning. Sprinkle some salt and pepper according to your taste. Add the chopped eggs and then sprinkle the chopped dill.
Mix up the mayonnaise, mustard sauce, and cider vinegar properly together in a small bowl. Fold the sauce mixture into the potatoes smoothly. Keep the salad in the fridge and let it chill at least one hour before serving.
The pressure cooker can actually change your life! Not only it cooks food better, but it does it very quickly.
People have so short on time these days; the pressure cooker seems to be the appropriate thing. It starts up a whole world of cooking you’d never have dreamt that you’d have time for. As the demand of pressure cooker is increasing over the time, pressure cooker manufacturers are developing their business as well.
Just like you, I’m always looking for improved ways to prepare food and how it tastes. Using a pressure cooker helps me do just that. In this summer, it provides a way to cooking easily without increasing the temperature in the kitchen by heating up the oven. Today’s variety of safe pressure cookers adds to their versatility. You can get induction base pressure cooker for faster cooking too.
Pressure cookers are different from any other cooking pot or saucepans with a totally different cooking method. They lock in the steam inside which raises the heat and pressure to higher than normal points. It helps food to get tender and cooked much more quickly. The high pressure forces all the flavor spices into food and because no steam escapes, no flavor escapes either.
Let me tell you about some of the other great things you can use your pressure cooker for:
You can make the best mash in the world because of pressure cooker. No need to peel and divide your potatoes. You can keep them whole in a pressure cooker, just prick them with forks. After steaming them for few minutes you just have to peel off their skins, and add some salt, pepper, and butter you’ll end up with the best ever potato mash.
You can cook rice and daal constantly and easily. Boiled vegetables, Stews, Mussels are great in these cookers. You can get the taste of whatsoever herbs and spices you added for flavors, and all the veggies that usually take a while to cook normally, will be prepared in minutes.
Total Time: 23 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (2 1/2 lbs)
4 small onions, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups water
4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Put potatoes, onions, salt and water in cooker. Close cooker. Bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes Remove cooker from heat. Allow to cool naturally, till there is no pressure inside cooker Open cooker. Mix the mixture smooth in a blender or mash it through a sieve. Return soup to cooker. Add milk and pepper. Place cooker on medium heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir till cheese melts. Serve immediately, garnish with parsley.